Daily Mail [UK] –
“Prince Andrew did stay at Jeffrey Epstein’s New York mansion during a trip when it is alleged he slept with a trafficked teenager, the Daily Mail can reveal for the first time.
Contradicting his car crash TV interview, sources have confirmed the Queen’s second son was indeed a guest at the paedophile tycoon’s Manhattan home in April 2001, raising questions about his other recollections of the time.
Andrew, 60, told Newsnight’s Emily Maitlis last year: ‘I wasn’t staying there. I may have visited but definitely didn’t, definitely, definitely no, no, no activity.’
But a Mail investigation has discovered both the duke and a Scotland Yard bodyguard did spend a night at Epstein’s townhouse, the largest in the city.”
He denies everything, blah, blah ….
“. . . . An official itinerary seen by the Daily Mail shows that the duke spent the first night of his US trip at the residence of the British consul general in New York, then flew to Boston for 24 hours, before returning to New York where he slept ‘at a private address’.
That address was Epstein’s home near Central Park, the sources have confirmed.
Our investigations have also uncovered a gap of a few hours set aside in New York for what was called ‘Private Time’ in the duke’s confidential tour itinerary.
Andrew has not been able to explain what he was doing during this time but Miss Roberts and another Epstein ‘masseuse’ have both said they met him in the city.” (more)
Today we reveal the key findings from our probe into Andrew’s trip to the city. This includes:
- How confidential official documents reveal the duke had made provision for three hours of ‘Private Time’ – around the time he allegedly bedded Miss Roberts at Epstein’s home;
- How neither of his two Scotland Yard bodyguards on the trip, nor his equerry, are able to provide an alibi for this part of his schedule;
- An unprecedented, hour by hour reconstruction of the duke’s reputationally disastrous three-day trip to New York and Boston, including references to official letters, itineraries and flight times;
- How the duke requested the use of a Bentley in New York;
- How key new sources have questioned whether the duke attended all his scheduled appointments on the trip;
- How a Scotland Yard bodyguard insists that Epstein, Maxwell and Virginia had left New York for the tycoon’s private island in the Caribbean when the duke stayed at his paedophile friend’s place on the third night of the trip.